Ever since man has started grasping the logic of Time and Space… he has been equally excited and worried about what to expect ahead. We all do in one way or the other I suppose.
When will our next salary come? When are we going to die? What will become of the world after a 100 years? The list is of course endless.
WeCite’s Fauzan and myself have taken some time to provide you a fraction of the answers to what the future holds. We might not be able to predict your death (because some things better be left to Faith and Fate alike), but we can tell you of some exciting and amazing things that are set to happen till the 23rd century!
We are in the 21st century by the way… in case you did not know!
While the chairman of Microsoft Corporation, Bill Gates is set to step down from daily duties after three decades on July 31 this year (shoot yourself right now if you did not know this!), we will start our estimations and predictions from the year 2009 and move forward 2009… 2010… 2015… 2020… 2030… 2040… and so forth.
Please note that these predictions are based on current trends and estimates. If things don’t happen the way they are listed here, you better not blame us! The list does not cover each and every event that would happen around the world. So if you are looking forward to finding out of they would ever make the sequel to Sex and The City, you’re on the wrong website! Sorry!
On a personal note, both Fauzan and I have been swept by amazement and sadness while compiling this list. There are certain events that only our children or our children’s children will witness or hear of. The likes of us would have long perished… returned from where we came from… dust to dust. The future holds many hopes and promises. It also holds warnings and disasters in the making. The decisions we take now, in our present, can affect the outcome that our next generations will either enjoy or suffer from.
So read on fellow earthlings, about what is yet to unfold…
[ 2009 ]
- Czech Republic takes over the Presidency of the Council of the European Union from France.
- Slovakia will adopt the Euro as the nation’s official currency.
- Norway will legalize same-sex marriage, and Hungary will recognize registered partnerships.
- Analog television broadcasts will end in the United States, as the Federal Communications Commission will require all stations to send their signals digitally.
- The 81st Academy Awards will be held at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood, California.
JUNE – Opening of the tallest man-made structure, the Burj Dubai in Dubai, UAE.
SEPTEMBER – The Burj Dubai, the world’s tallest building, will be completed.
Canada’s ISAF commitment in Afghanistan expires.
The United Kingdom will establish a Supreme Court, comprising the twelve former Law Lords.
Intel plans to release as many as five new microprocessor variants of the Nehalem microarchitecture throughout the year. The Beckton variant may have as many as eight cores.
[ 2010 ]
APRIL — International Space Station construction will be completed.
JUNE 11 — Start of the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
JULY 11 — Final Match of the 2010 FIFA World Cup scheduled to play at Soccer City stadium in Johannesburg.
JULY 13 — Support will be canceled for Microsoft Windows 2000, which was put on extended support in 2005.
The Chicago Spire will be completed. It will be the tallest building and freestanding structure in North America.
Australia, Austria, Germany, Malta and Spain will cease analog television broadcasts.
Australia will have also phased out the incandescent light bulb.
Israel will complete its Security Barrier and will use it as the basis for the definitive border between Israel and a Palestinian state, according to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, as reported March 10, 2006 by the Wall Street Journal and many other newspapers and other news media. All Israeli settlements not protected by the barrier will have been evacuated.
[ 2015 ]
JULY 17 — Analogue television will be switched off in Ukraine.
DECEMBER 31 — Analogue television will be switched off in the Philippines.
The United States Navy will commission USS Gerald R. Ford, the first ship in a new class of super-carriers.
NASA Solar Probe, will orbit the Sun
ESA Solar Orbiter (SOLO), will orbit the Sun to perform close observations of the polar regions of the Sun
[ 2020s ]
[The 2020s is the 3rd decade of the 21st century of the Anno Domini era. It will begin on January 1, 2020 and end on December 31, 2029]
[ 2020 ]
MARCH 2 — Yahoo! Inc.’s 25th birthday; opening of the Yahoo! Time Capsule.
NOVEMBER 3— Presidential election and 117th Congressional election in the United States
Last nuclear power plant in Germany will be shut down this year.
British newspaper The Guardian published a series of magazines in September 2004 predicting life in 2020. These predictions include widespread use of artificially intelligent cars, “smart” clothing incorporating computer chips, and green energy sources.
World population is expected to reach 7.6 billion people.
The Russian Federal Space Agency says that they plan to be mining helium-3 from the moon by this year.
China will probably also land astronauts on the Moon by 2020, according to Scientific American, March 2008.
Following countries become developed counties
- Trinidad and Tobago (under the Vision 2020 development plan initiated by Prime Minister Patrick Manning).
- Malaysia, under the Wawasan 2020 plan initiated by former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad.
- India as per their 2020 Vision
The People’s Republic of China has stated it intends to take back Taiwan under Chinese rule at latest by 2020. China will also become more economically powerful than the United States by 2020, according to Mearsheimer 1991: 398.
If current trends continue, according to the United Nations, the Aral Sea could disappear completely by this year.
[ 2021] – NASA will have colonized the moon with scientists for more Mars research
Solar scientists predict that, by 2020, the sun will be starting into its weakest Schwabe solar cycle of the past two centuries.
By mid-decade, Alpine glaciers are likely to contain only half their 1970’s volume.
NASA expects to land another group of astronauts on the moon.
Voyager 2 is expected to stop transmitting back to Earth in the 2020s.
[ 2022 ] – Elizabeth II will celebrate her Platinum Jubilee – if she is still alive by that date.
[ 2023 ]
- The People’s Republic of China will have outlasted the Soviet Union as the longest-lasting communist system (74 years, considering the Soviet Union lasted from 1917 to 1991).
- The Dominican Republic becomes a developed country.
[ 2026 ] – At current population growth rates, India will surpass China as the world’s most populous country.
[ 2028 ] – The world population will reach 8 billion people.
[ 2029 ]
- The FBI will have permission to reveal to the public the Top Secret papers on John F. Kennedy‘s assassination.
- Futurist Ray Kurzweil puts 2029 as the year most likely for a breakthrough in Artificial General Intelligence (AGI). He expects that around this time, computers will reach human intelligence levels, and shortly thereafter surpass the capabilities of the human brain
[ 2030 ]
FIFA’s World Cup will have its 24th edition, 100 years after the first one. Uruguay is often mentioned as a possible host for this edition, because it hosted the inaugural edition in 1930 and there is even a project called Uruguay 2030 but, so far, no countries have yet officially offered to host the tournament.
The song Happy Birthday to You will enter the public domain in the United States.
World population will reach 8.2 billion people
All New Zealand cars will be hybrid, bio-fuel, or electric.
[ 2032 ]
- Ahmed Ressam released from post-imprisonment supervision. Also known as “The Millennium Bomber”, Ahmed was convicted and given a prison sentence of 22 years in a plot to bomb Los Angeles International Airport on New Year’s Eve 1999.
- Expected completion of the Future Force Warrior project of the United States Army.
[ 2033 ] – The ESA‘s Aurora programme will send a manned spacecraft to Mars.
[ 2034 ] – On December 17 this year, provided current population trends continue and there is no significant event that affects world population, the population of the earth will surpass 10 billion.
[ 2037 ]
- Certain documents relating to Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon occupied the ‘s wishes to preserve a monarchy if the Nazis occupied the UK are to be released from the Royal Archives.
- NASA will make a manned trip to Mars (News reports, September 25, 2007
[ 2038 ]
- On January 19, a common computing representation of date and time will overflow with potential results similar to the year 2000 problem (Y2K).
- The 26th FIFA World Cup will take place. The current FIFA World Cup Trophy might be retired, having run out of slots in which to engrave the names of the winners.
[ 2040 ]
64th presidential election in the United States.
Scientists predict that by 2040 most of the Arctic ice cap will have melted away – all of it in the summer months – and the Polar bear will probably be extinct in the wild.
[ 2042 ] – The time capsule at Nickelodeon Studios in Orlando, Florida is to be opened. The studio was closed in 2005, and the capsule was relocated to Nickelodeon Family Suites in Orlando in December 2006.
[ 2043 ] –
- Indian Economy Surpasses US Economy, predicted by Goldman Sachs
- Estimated year that the U.S. will reach 400 million in population.
[ 2046 ] – The first baby boomers will turn 100 this year.
2046 – Robotics experts predict that around this time most work in advanced industrial nations will be done by Robots (news reports, December 2006).
[ 2048 ]
- The world is projected to run out of harvestable seafood stock.
- A time capsule in Tulsa, Oklahoma containing a Plymouth Prowler will be opened. It was sealed in 1998
- Asteroid 2007 VK184 has a chance of 1 in 2700 of hitting the earth in this year.
[ 2050s ]
Achim Steiner, executive director of the United Nations Environment Program, “warned of a global collapse by 2050 of all species being fished, if fishing continues at its current pace.”
World population is predicted to reach 9 billion people.
[ 2054 ]
- Chinese man, Meng Zhaoguo’s alien child will be born. See Meng Zhaoguo Incident.
- Hawksbill Creek Agreement tax exempt status is scheduled to expire.
- Michael X‘s file in the British National Archive remains classified until the 1st of January 2054.
[ 2060s ]
Isaac Newton predicted that the world, according to his interpretation of The Bible, would end no sooner than 2060
[ 2070s ]
[ 2074 ] – The Green Wall of China is scheduled to be completed.
[ 2075 ] – The United Nations estimates that the world population will be 9.1 billion
[ 2080s ]
[ 2082 ] – All classified information held by the British Government about the Falklands War is to be released to the public
[ 2090s ]
[ 2100s ]
By 2100, 12% (about 1250) of the bird species existing at the beginning of the 21st century are expected to be extinct or threatened with extinction, according to the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, July 4, 2006.
A time capsule in Sneem, Ireland will be opened.
A time capsule in Bangor, Northern Ireland will be opened.
[ 2107 ] – Last year which can be represented using the File Allocation Table date format.
[ 2200s ]
[The 22nd century of the Common Era will span the years 2101–2200]
There will be 239 lunar eclipses in the 22nd century.
A total solar eclipse exceeding 7 minutes of totality will occur on June 25, 2150. This will be the first time this has happened in 177 years; the last one occurred on June 30, 1973 when the Concorde prototype followed the totality spot during 73 minutes. But eclipse fans of this epoch will not have to wait nearly so long for it to happen again, as on July 5, 2168 an eclipse with 7 minutes and 26 seconds of totality will occur. Lastly, on July 16, 2186 an eclipse of 7 minutes and 29 seconds (close to the theoretical maximum) will occur. This is predicted to be the longest eclipse during the 8,000 year period from 3000 BC to AD 5000 (eclipse predictions by Fred Espenak, NASA/GSFC.DEPP). All three long-duration eclipses are a part of the same Saros series, Saros 139.
[ 2300s ]
[The 23rd century of the anno Domini (common) era will span the years 2201 – 2300 of the Gregorian calendar]
[ 2295 ] – The US population is predicted to reach its first one billion inhabitants under current growth trends.
According to Rashad Khalifa, a man who claimed to be a messenger of God, and claimed to discover a divine mathematical miracle in the Quran, used the Mysterious Initials in the Quran to predict that the world will end in the year 2280