17
May
08

Piracy in Pak down by 2 percent

Pak Tribune has reported that the piracy rates in Pakistan have dropped down by 2% and is now at a total of 84%. It is to be noted that for the past 2 years, Pakistan had been cruising on 86%. 

According to the Fifth Annual Global Software Piracy Study, released by Business Software Alliance (BSA), the piracy related losses have gone down to $125 million in Pakistan against $143 million in 2006.

Pakistan currently ranks No.13 among the top 25 countries with highest piracy rates as opposed to its standing at No. 7 from last last year, followed by Armenia (93%), Bangladesh (92%), Azerbaijan (92%),Moldova (92%), Zimbabwe (91%), Sri Lanka (90%), Yemen (89%),Libya (88%), Venezuela (87%), Vietnam (85%), Iraq (85%), and Indonesia (84%)

Food for thought: India is not in this list! Think about it!

The  Fifth Annual Global Software Piracy Study can be downloaded HERE

Advertisements

2 Responses to “Piracy in Pak down by 2 percent”


  1. 1 Hassaan
    May 19, 2008 at 12:04 pm

    Horaaaay for piracy, the only thing good in Pakistan 😀


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


>> WeCite Blog Stats

  • 576,102 PEOPLE READ THIS BLOG

>> Add to Favorites

Add to Technorati Favorites

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK!

WeCite Calender

May 2008
M T W T F S S
« Apr   Jun »
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031  

WeCite Blog Feed

UNDERSTAND THIS!

DEMOCRACY DON'T RULE THE WORLD, YOU'D BETTER GET THAT IN YOUR HEAD; THIS WORLD IS RULED BY VIOLENCE, BUT I GUESS THAT'S BETTER LEFT UNSAID - Bob Dylan: American folksinger.

>> Creative Commons

php hit counter

%d bloggers like this: